Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tips Tuesday - Cleaning

This week's Tips Tuesday is all about Cleaning Tips. I'm not sure that I'm the go-to person for cleaning tips. I'm actually looking forward to reading about what other people do to keep their houses tidy.

Like Leslie, I also get emails from www.flylady.net. I don't necessarily follow everything they send, but I am definitely on board to cut the clutter. We are getting ready to move in a couple of weeks, and we have purged tons and tons (I think literally) of clutter. I absolutely refuse to move junk, and I think we've done a good job to get rid of what we do not love.

The other tip that I think is helpful is to spend 15 minutes just picking up after the kids go to bed. It amazes me how messy the kids can be in such a short amount of time. If I can stay ahead of their messes, then it keeps the messes away.

Finally, I work full time, and we are so busy during the week and weekends. I have to spread out the cleaning throughout the week. I need to set a schedule and stick to it each and every week. Maybe being in the new house will help to establish some new habits. I'll keep you posted on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment