Monday, June 7, 2010

Big Changes for Next Year

I am so excited about the upcoming school year! I am going to move down to teach 2nd grade next school year! I'm excited about the changes, but nervous of course. It was so hard to leave my team. We have been working together for 4 years and I feel like we really had our groove! But, I was also getting bored with the routines and really needed a change! So a couple of weeks ago, I packed up my classroom, threw away a ton of stuff (seems to be a pattern of late), and moved my things downstairs. I'm in love with my classroom already! It should be relatively quiet, since it's not in a pass through hallway. Also, it's one of the few classrooms in our building with a mounted projector. I am really excited about having the projector. I've been using the promethean slate for a lot of my lessons and I think that the little ones will be really engaged in their learning while using this, and I won't have to drag in a cart.

So I have a lot of learning to do over the summer, but after a few weeks of relaxing by the pool, I figure that I'll be ready to tackle a new curriculum and a new math series. But for now, I have a new book to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment