Tuesday, July 21, 2009

This is the way we eat our breakfast...

...so early in the morning. Apparently, I need to teach this child how to use a spoon! Either that, or she's watched the dog eat once too often!





Eating like Izzy does!


Getting every yummy bite!


Yummy Fruity Pebbles!

Not a lot of exciting things going on right now. Summer is winding down. School will be starting very soon. Even sooner, I have to start planning for school to start. Funny thing is, for some reason I feel more fixed on getting organized around the house in preparation for school than I am in my classroom.

One thing I am going to do is get the kids some organizational items that my friend and colleague, Lindsey does with her boys. She uses the 5 shelf closet organizers to set out clothes for the week. It's not typically hard to find things for the boys to wear, but Maddie is the worst when it comes to picking out things to wear. I will let her be in control of what to wear and when, so that when she gets up, it's grab and go. I have some other ideas in mind as well. We will have meals planned for the entire week. We will have chores to do each night. I don't want to spend the money on a house keeper, so it's going to be up to us. It's just a matter of having everyone on the same page and willing to be helpful around the house. One thing is for certain, I cannot do this by myself. It takes everyone helping to make things work around here.

One more piece of exciting news - we are going to Chicago at the end of the week! Yea! I am so excited to take the girls to American Girl - I can't stand it!! I will probably be a kid in a candy store - it would have been heaven on earth for me when I was a little girl. Beyond that, I'm not really sure what we are going to be doing, but I can't wait!! The BlogHer conference will be going on while we're there, so I'm hoping to run in to some of my blogging buddies that I know will be there.

1 comment:

  1. I love your ideas for organizing, and after you are done doing that at your house you can come on over here and do that for me! :) Have a fun last week with your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete