Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend Fun!

What a fun and busy weekend we had! I'd love to say that I documented every event with lots of pictures, but I haven't gotten to the point where I have the camera with me all the time. *Sigh*

Anyway, we started our weekend off with our annual family daycare picnic. I had high hopes that the rain that was predicted for the day would hold off. No such luck. As I was stepping out of the shower Saturday morning, I could hear the tell-tale patter of rain on the window. Maybe it would pass by 11:00? Unfortunately, no. But we didn't let that stop us from having a great time. We had great food, wonderful fellowship with friends, and despite the incessant rain, the kids had a fun time. It really is great to feel like the people that you trust your children with day in and day out are people that you like - strike that - love! (I would use the "strike" but I haven't figured that out yet! If anyone wants to provide a tutorial, that'd be great)

If the weather was cooperative, we would have taken the kids to the pool located in the park we were at, but since it was pouring - and with more rain and thunderstorms on the way, we thought it best to call it an early day. On the way home, Mike stopped a local institution - Gray Brother's. He got dinner for himself, his mom, grandfather, and the kids (I passed on the starchy goodness - still trying to lose/maintain weight) I was thrilled just because the dinner question was already answered. Yeah!

After we got home, it was nap and rest time for all. Afterward, I stopped by a local produce stand for some fresh tomatoes and peaches. I made myself a yummy dinner of a tomato salad and angel food cake topped with peaches and blackberries (who knew that combo was so yummy)

Sunday morning started off nicely because I got to sleep in! We opted to forego going to church since we knew Maddie would have a tough go of her morning. She fell asleep late yesterday afternoon, and despite our best efforts, she would not wake up. She ended up sleeping until almost 10:30 pm, ate, and then went back to bed late. I knew she'd be a beast if we got her up before she was ready.

After getting cleaned up, we headed out for S.taples to take advantage of their 1 cent deals. When you're buying school supplies for 3 kiddos, you gotta take advantage of those deals. After making a Costco run, we took Caileigh to my parent's house, then headed over to a swim party to celebrate the end of the 5 yr. old t-ball season. The kids got to swim and play, and the parents got to chat and eat. We had so much fun! The best part was seeing the look on the kids' faces when they got their trophies. So cute! They were so proud of themselves and we are proud of them.

So, after spending some quality time at my mom and dad's, hanging out with my brother and his sweet girlfriend, my sister (happy birthday, Kristen!) and her fiance, and of course my kiddos, I took my dirty, stinky, exhausted kids home. Sent each one to the shower, and then straight to bed. Hopefully, they will sleep in...

No comments:

Post a Comment